Before you begin the application process you will need to gather the required documents
1. Child's Birth Certificate
The person completing the application is the parent listed on the birth certificate if not then court-issued custody papers must be submitted.
2. Proof of Residence (1)
- Louisiana driver's license
- State-issued ID card
- Current utility bill with the parent's name and address
- Current lease or mortgage statement
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person is to provide verification with a letter in addition to one of the above items.
- In a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship. (Verified by LEA)
Once you have the required documents you will need to calculate your gross monthly income (total income before taxes). Use the table below to figure out your gross monthly income.
Use the tables below to determine eligibility for the program requested. Once you determine you are eligible you are ready to begin the application. Click the link below to start the application online or download and print.
3. Income Documentation (1)
- Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of filling out the application)
- An official letter from your employer stating all of the following:
- Where parent/guardian is employed
- Hourly rate of pay
- The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week.
- Snap/Food Stamps - must include the child's name and valid effective dates.
- A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs.
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS
- Parents unemployed must submit a letter of support and income documentation from a support source
- Families in temporary living arrangements due to loss of housing or economic hardship (homeless).
- Community Networks should follow LEA-defined procedures for verifying homeless status.